Advertisement | Place an Ad
Advertisement | Place an Ad
2012 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Reg I4 MT (Natl)
Enter Zip Code
|MSRP : $16,875||Invoice : $15,979|
|Transmission : 5-speed m/t||Engine : 4 cylinder|
|Fuel Economy : Combined: 23||Fuel Economy : City: 21|
|Fuel Economy : Highway: 25|
Your Rating (Log In)
2012 Toyota Tacoma Overview
What's New for 2012:
- Slightly redesigned exterior with a redesigned hood, grille, headlamps, upper and lower front bumper, fog lamps, headlamps, and antenna
- Upgraded interior with a new center instrument panel design and a revised gauge cluster, as well as a new steering wheel
- A redesigned center stack adds new air conditioner/heater controls and power point locations
- New interior trim and seat fabrics, all-weather flooring, and water-resistant fabrics, depending on trim level
- New D-rings for added versatility
The 2012 Toyota Tacoma is a midsize pickup offered in Regular Cab, Access Cab, and Double Cab body styles. Fifteen-inch alloy wheels are standard, with larger wheels available on higher grades.
The 2012 Toyota Tacoma offers seating for up to 5 passengers. Base Tacoma modelsâdesigned for commercial useâare configured with cloth upholstery, air conditioning, composite bedliner, and more. Higher trim levels include power windows, power locks, upgraded upholstery, and other upscale appointments.
Packages for the 2012 Toyota Tacoma include the TRD Off-Road package with 16-inch alloy wheels, heavy-duty suspension, locking rear differential, skid plates, and other off-road equipment.
Under the Hood
Toyota Tacoma models are fitted with one of two engines. The standard power plant is a 2.7-liter 4-cylinder rated at 159 horsepower. The optional engine is a 4.0-liter V-6 rated at 236 horsepower. The 4-cylinder models feature a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission, while 6-cylinder models offer a 6-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic. Rear-wheel drive (2WD) is standard, with 4-wheel drive (4WD) optional.
EPA fuel-economy figures for the 2012 Toyota Tacoma are:
- Toyota Tacoma 2WD with 2.7-liter 4-cylinder engine and manual transmission: 21/25 mpg (city/highway)
- Toyota Tacoma 4WD with 4.0-liter V-6 engine and automatic transmission: 16/21 mpg (city/highway)
Standard safety features of note on the 2012 Toyota Tacoma include side curtain air bags for both rows of seats and active head restraints for front passengers. In government crash tests, the 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab received a rating of 5 (out of 5) stars for side crashes and a rating of 4 (out of 5) stars for rollover, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), but it was not assigned an overall rating. In tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the Tacoma received a ''Good'' ratingâthe Institute's highestâfor frontal-offset and side-impact crashes and rollover protection. The Tacoma earned a "Marginal" rating in the Institute's roof strength tests.
No greenhouse gas score was available for this vehicle